8 Considerations for Efficient
Burkhard Rützel, Product Manager Allplan Engineering, ALLPLAN
Reinforced concrete detailing – more commonly known as rebar design and detailing – is a complex activity, one that consumes a significant portion of every engineer’s design schedule. And rightly so – errors and conflicts between documents, inefficient information transfer, and poor communication can create costly and wasteful mistakes.
Fortunately, technology can help. With the right reinforcement software, engineers can quickly and easily design accurate reinforcement models that can be used to create high-quality documentation, seamlessly transfer data to fabricators, and collaborate and exchange information with stakeholders more effectively. Therefore, when you are considering how to choose the best rebar detailing software for your needs, there are several aspects to consider in order to find the best solution.
In our white paper “8 considerations for efficient reinforcement detailing” we look at some of the most important, and highlight – with examples – features that may be a factor in your decision.
- Do you need to design in 2D or 3D?
- How compatible is the software with your current workflow?
- How easy is it to create reinforcement models?
- Are special placement measures supported?
- Is the rebar detailing faster and more accurate?
- Can the required documentation be produced efficiently?
- Can your supply chain use the information?
- Is BIM supported?
Please fill out the adjacent form to be able to download the whitepaper. After that you will immediately receive the PDF "8 Considerations for Efficient Reinforcement Detailing".