Axis related modeling
In bridge modeling everything naturally starts with an axis. In Allplan Bridge, axes can not only be used for determining the global alignment of the superstructure, but there are more possibilities to easily and flexibly describe the geometry of certain structural parts.
For instance, accompanying axes in combination with special implemented functions can be used for accomplishing varying deck widths between a reference and a boundary axis. Transversal axes can be used for defining structural parts that are oriented in the transversal direction of the main structure, and piers can be linked to a terrain axis and automatically adjust their height depending on it. Finally, all the defined axes can be output in a detailed report providing all the inputted and calculated data of the plan view and of the elevation.
What to Expect:
- Axis definition/import using different file formats
- Accompanying axis with reference to a main axis
- Transversal axis for transversal members
- "Terrain axis" for linking piers
- Report of the axis data (in GUI and to Excel)
About the speaker: